That stomach pouch of fat that hangs around on your lower stomach can be so annoying, can’t it? If you feel like there is no hope for getting a flat belly, think again! Below you can find the top 10 tips to get rid of lower belly fat and by putting these methods into action, you can get the body you have always wanted.
1. Avoid food that contain added sugar, as these are known to create weight gain especially in the stomach. Candy, cake and even some apparent “healthy” protein bars should not be eaten.
2. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, as this can keep you full and can also eliminate bloating. Aim for at least 8 glasses of water a day and you will soon notice a big difference.
3. Be sure that you are getting enough sleep every night. Your metabolism will be boosted if you get a full nights of uninterrupted sleep, which will mean less stomach fat and more energy the next day. As if you needed another excuse to sleep, right?
4. Eat lots of fruits, vegetables and protein packed food to lose weight. Protein includes chicken, fish, dairy, nuts and seeds. Eating healthy most of the time is going to make all the difference to how you look and feel.
5. Exercise is really important to slim down your body including your belly fat.Fitting even 30 minutes a day in can make all the difference. I recommend starting with some cardio based exercise (like running or swimming) and then working in some toning exercises such as crunches.
6. Cut down your alcohol consumption because this is known to accumulate fat all around the middle area. Alcohol in general is basically all fat and way too many calories, so really think before you drink.
7. Stress causes the increase of a hormone known as cortisol in the body, which is known to store extra fat. Target any stress you might be experiencing in your life and this should help you get slimmer in your stomach area and all over really!
8. Portion control is really important to limiting the amount of food you eat and therefore controlling belly fat. So many people put heaps more than what they actually need on their plates and feel like they have to finish it. A portion should be around the size of your fist, chew your meals slowly and STOP when you feel full. These pointers alone can see you lose lower belly fat quickly.
9. Dont skip meals and actually eat more meals if possible. Six smaller meals instead of 3 big meals, this is better for both your digestion and metabolism.
10. Take measurements of your body to keep yourself motivated. Putting all the mentioned steps into practice is great but actually seeing those results in front of you will give you the push that you need to keep heading in the right direction.
Now that you know some of the steps required to get rid of lower belly fat, you can start taking action. Being slim can do so much more than just making you look good, you will feel much more confident about yourself. Changing a few select things in your day to day life can make all the difference.